Tere tulemast en Põlvamaa turismiportaali! enalternatiivtekst en

Põlva cemetery

Adress Põlva linn, Põlva vald, Põlva
website http://www.kalmistud.ee/Cemeteries-of-Polvamaa
E-mail kalmistu@polvalv.ee

The cemetery established in 1773 is located on the gradually ascending bank of the Orajõgi River. The main gate of the cemetery, which was completed in 1907, is worthy of attention.

Many cultural figures rest in the Põlva cemetery: G. A. Oldekop, clergyman, poet, journalist and editor; J. G. Scwartz, clergyman, writer and publisher of textbooks; O. G. Matthisson, parish clerk, long-time schoolmaster and conductor; Johannes Käis, school innovator; Jaan Vahtra, writer and painter; Lieutenant Colonel Oskar Kurvits, war historian and holder of the Cross of Liberty; and many others.

http://www.visitestonia.com/en/polva-cemetery

Otseülekanne sotsiaalmeediast en

The data is displayed using the data base of www.visitestonia.com